Thank you all for showing up and helping us! Your commitment is very much appreciated! In order to help in the best possible way, it’s important that we all follow some basic rules and stick to the structures we were able to build over these last days.
Table of content
Before you go
- Register for a shift using Volunteer-Planner.org (check for free shifts), please create an account if you do not have one yet 🙂
Read and agree to the Code of Conduct.
General-Pape-Straße 1, 12101 Berlin → Show on map General-Pape-Straße 1 12101 Berlin The DOCUMENT must be read before arriving at a station. Thank you very much! 🙏 Meeting place: Flixbus station If you want to bring a donation, please check: Link There is a testing center on the other side of the station.
- Get physically prepared for your shift
Wear warm clothes and bring something for yourself to eat and drink.
Please come with a proof of negative COVID test result (no older than 24 hours).
Wear a mask while you volunteer and change it frequently Stay home if you feel unwell or have symptoms like fever or cough.
- Get prepared with information by reading this whole guide before you come to volunteer.
Make sure to learn about your specific station as well as the general procedures.
At the station
- Check In: When you arrive, please check in at the info desk. You will be registered with your name, address and phone number.
- Get a proper briefing by our coordinators before start working.
- Get a reflective vest from us, plus additional items that identify you as a volunteer.
- The coordinators will divide you into teams and assign you to specific stations/locations.
- Check out: Let the coordinators know when you leave so we can reassign your position.
- Thank you for your volunteer support.
Bring you ID card
Please do not just show up and start to the best of your knowledge and belief. We know you all have the best intentions, so in order to avoid confusion and chaos, you all need to get a (updated) briefing by the coordinators and follow the procedures.
Put your name and the languages you speak on a piece of tape and put it on your vest. 🦺
Have a question or problem while you work? Talk to your station coordinator.
Make sure to bring back your vests to the accommodation team and sign off.
We would be very happy and it would help a lot if you decide to come back. We look forward to seeing you again.