„How to report a case of a “creepy” person?“ update 28.03.2022
Situation: Trafficker/Creepy people approaching Refugees. Can be in civil clothing or in a fake volunteer vest
How to recognize a “creepy person”:
- mostly older white men, but could be a woman too
- civil: is talking to lonely women and/or children; offering housing
- fake/legit volunteer:
- creepy guy, who is suspicious because not „typical“ volunteer
- check if the wristband is the one from this very day!
- any kind of additional signs etc on the vest/armband etc. is suspicious
Protocol how to proceed:
- Stay calm! Do not rush into action!
- Team up with at least one other volunteer
- Tell them what you have seen; check if the second volunteer agrees that this is suspicion
- if yes: give each other your phone number, call each other for stable contact
- one volunteer follow/shadow the suspect in distance; don't intervene immediately
- Second/third volunteer is looking for DB security/police;
- if you can not find security, call coordinator (grey vest): 0152 062 61 289 and/or come to the information desk and/or approach coordinator (grey vest)
- report calm and slowly to security/police/coordinator:
- what have you seen:
- how is the suspect looking like with as many details as possible: their clothes, memorable features, the exact time and location etc.where is the suspect; second volunteer can give these infos via phone
- follow the instructions of police and stay in distance; they handle it!
- give security/police your personal contact details as a witness
- contact details of victim if possible
- if you have been threatened:
- by creepy guy: report to police; threats are separate but important complaint
- by police: ask or take down the officer’s badge number or name and report to coordinator with report and your name + phone number
Please also fill out this form to report the incident.